This week I’m attending the ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago. I’m looking forward to learning from the many legal tech geeks that show up to this event every year and to see what new products or services are being launched that might facilitate the online delivery of legal services. I’m also expecting some challenging questions from the attendees which should make it fun. Here’s where I’ll be:
– April 11, 10:30-11:30am, “Expanding Your Practice with an Online Office”, co-presented with Catherine Sanders Reach
– 1:30, keynote to hear Laurence Lessig speak. (I’m a big fan, but never have been in same geographic location. Super excited! Probably can’t top live talks I’ve seen by Richard Stallman or Larry Wall since we’ll be in a room full of lawyers and not programmers. I’ll let you guess which one gave his presentation barefoot while eating a footlong sub. But hey, I’ll take inspiration wherever I can get it.)
– 2:30-4:30pm, will attempt to make myself useful by standing at the concierge booth
– April 12, 8:00- 9:00am, Meet the Author, “Virtual Law Practice: How to Deliver Legal Services Online”
– 10:00 – 11:00am, “Popular Cloud Services for Lawyers”, co-presented with Tom Mighell
– 7:00pm, Hosting Taste of Techshow Dinner with an “elawyering theme”
If you are attending and want to chat about virtual law practice or delivering legal services online, please feel free to come find me.